Prelude - PreReading Solutions
- Keyboard addition to a young children’s music program
- Stand alone materials as a young child’s beginning piano explorations
- A comprehensive introduction to music notation with songs and drills designed to avoid or alleviate problems in the four primary skill sets:
These materials include several pedagogical approaches. They are appropriate for the younger piano student, providing a variety of essential skills that create a comprehensive ‘whole’ approach to the piano.
- The PentaScale hand position and “The Hokey-Pokey Piano Hand”. Transposition solos contain a finger sequence designed to promote forearm motion as students learn how to use the thumb. Prelude Pointers offer suggestions to teachers.
- Keyboard LeapFrog: Black-key patterns that use octave leaps to insure that arms and wrists are used while playing. Audio and midi files are included.
- Black-key improvisation. Black-key patterns for keyboard exploration and creativity. Audio and midi files are included.
- Solfege songs in the Kodaly sequence to promote ear-training and pitch discrimination with “CopyCat” singing and playing; and,
- FingerPads – Playing on white keys…no thumbs. Traditional songs in pre-reading finger number notation.
Body Awareness at the piano and Spatial Orientation to the keyboard
- Coordination Solos and Warm-Up Exercises: Five Warm-Up Exercises coordinated with seven sequential Ten-Finger Solos and two Five-Note Songs suitable for transposition.
- Traditional Songs: Six solfege songs and thirteen pre-reading finger number songs.
- Fourteen “LeapFrog” Solos* plus ten black-key Improv Patterns*. Audio and midi files included.
“How To Think” piano readiness drills to engage the eyes, ears, hands and brain
- Pitch: Thirteen Notation Worksheets plus thirty Directional Interval Reading Drills.
- Rhythm: Ten Rhythm Patterns with variations for rhythmic development. “BoogieTime” basic blues white-key fun for exploration and creativity. Midi and audio files included.
- Vocabulary / Theory: Keyboard Geography Drills and Alphabet Theory Spelling present music essentials. Includes Keyboard Guide Note Finger Drills with 5 C’s.